Questions Heard on the Road
In any given year, the TuffWrap® Installation team, PMEs and Sales & Marketing team spend a significant amount of time on the road. The one thing we all have in common, other than being TuffWrap employees, is that we spend most of our road time with customers and potential customers. Whether we are dropping in to visit, giving a presentation, providing an estimate or beginning an installation, we all hear a lot of similar questions. And, if we hear them on the road, we are confident you might be having the same questions.
Here’s a recap of some of the most common inquiries we receive on the road:
- Where are you headquartered? (How about those Eagles?) TuffWrap is headquartered in beautiful Harleysville, PA. It is located about 45 minutes north of Philadelphia. We are primarily Eagles fans, although we have a few people in the office who might take exception to that categorization.
- Do you work in our part of the country? (the world?) TuffWrap works in the continental US, Hawaii and Alaska. We are also able to perform work on an as-possible basis in Canada.
- Will TuffWrap work for hospital environments? Well, the real question is – will the hospital allow us to work in its environment? ICRA decisions are specific to every facility, and whether we are a fit or not depends on specific facility requirements plus the efficiency of our solution for the space needing protection. Learn more about ICRA and our temporary walls here.
- Do you sell your material? We do not sell our material. We are a service provider. (Sorry!)
- Will it (suspended cover) hold water? We do not endorse the concept of suspended cover holding any significant amount of water. It is installed with the intent to capture debris. If water were to become a problem, we can install drains to assist with managing the situation.
- Have you heard of *insert name here* temporary barrier kits? Sure! If there’s a DIY system out there, we’ve probably heard of it. However, there really shouldn’t be direct comparison between those types of solutions and what we provide. Find additional information about dust barrier kits vs. interior protection here.
- What if we need a door in the wall? No worries, we’ve got that covered. We provide three different door options including zipper doors, pocket doors and man doors. Check out our custom pocket door video here.
- Can we recycle the TuffWrap? Not easily. Due to the nature of the reinforced poly, the scrim would have to be removed in order to recycle the poly. However, we specifically use this type of material because of its strength and ability to withstand the environments we install it in. Capturing dust and debris is the goal, and the reinforced component helps to ensure the solution does not fail. In addition, the way TuffWrap is installed includes pins, tape and strapping. It all comes down together along with the dirt inside. All of these components contribute to the difficulties around recycling.
- How do you take it down? (Can we take it down ourselves?) Taking down suspended cover is more of an art than a science. Removing walls is pretty straightforward. In all cases, we recommend that we remove the suspended cover. Depending on the installation circumstances, walls could be self-removed. Get the truth about takedown here.
If you have questions, we have answers – and you don’t have to wait until you see us out and about to ask. Feel free to contact us any time, and our team will be happy to talk to you about these topics and more!